Thursday 28 June 2007

Image Recognition Technology on Japanese Cell Phones

I have always wondered if this would happen. Image recognition on Cell Phones. Maybe it has already been introduced but as far as I'm concerned it hasn't ( I don't pay attention to mobile technology, a phone is a phone to me). Japanese company J-magic has come up with a nifty little online service named Kaocheki, enables one to send digital photo's of themselves to the service, and find out what celebrities the resemble most. Odd service isn't it? But i guess its enertainment in the end isn't it.


Takuya Miyata, the founder of J-Magic Inc. shows off the new Kaocheki service. According the to the service, he looks most like the Japanese comedian, Junji Takada.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun, but to me its a pointless reason to get a new phone. This new age is about convergence, we need more new features. this is why the I-Phone will be such a success!

Arekusu said...

Hmm, this sounds quite interesting, not that there is a need to see what celebrity looks like you, but i guess it opens the door for many more possibilities ^^

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks